Re: [Amps] Ug2 stabilization in TMN linear amp

To: <TexasRF@aol.com>, <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Ug2 stabilization in TMN linear amp
From: "Peter, PE1E" <PE1E@kpnmail.nl>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 14:13:22 +0200
Gotcha !, thanks.

Peter, PE1E

reply separator*******************************************************

Peter,

there is usually a hefty bleeder resistor on the output of this type G2 power
supply. The bleeder resistor tends to stabilize the G2 voltage. The LC filter
circuit is inherently more stable than a C only circuit as long as there is a
reasonable current load.

This method of stabilization is ok for cw or digital work but for SSB, not up
to the modern practice of using a GM3SEK tetrode board.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 9/4/2009 9:17:49 A.M. Central Daylight Time,