Re: [Amps] Fixing scratched meters

To: dhallam@rapidsys.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Fixing scratched meters
From: Jim Barber <audioguy@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 16:14:12 -0700
I second the Novus suggestion. I use it on my acrylic/plexi windscreens
and face shields all the time.

If you have scratches that you can feel with your fingernail, start with
#3 , rub till dry and "not catchy" then go to #2 and stay there until
all visible scratches are gone or "good enough". #1 is pretty much just
a finishing polish and anti-stat, not really abrasive.

 From then on, clean meters by spraying #1 onto a clean cotton or
microfiber cloth, then polishing to dry.

Expensive for all 3 grades and *lots* of rubbing required, but perfect
results with a little practice and also useful for car gauge overlays,
taillight and headlight lenses, aquariums, etc. Pretty much any
gloss-finish plastic.

Once scratches are removed, Plexus (different product) also works well
for cleaning, polish and antistat, and is available in a spray can from
most motorcycle shops.

Too much info, but one more: DON'T use paper or cheap, plastic-fiber
towelling for this or other polishing jobs. Cotton and (better!)
microfiber rule here.

73,
Jim, N7CXI