[Amps] 76ca

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] 76ca
From: K8LEEWMM@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 15:30:26 EDT
gentlemen
I have acquired a nice 76ca that has been converted to a pair of 3cx800,s  .
The challenge now is that it also has been converted to 50mhz.
On my first testing done, it worked very good. After running some test I
slowing loaded
the amp up for near max output. Within about 2 minutes the original plate
lead suppressor went
up in smoke. The 100ohm resisters opened.
I have talked too and tried some of ag6k,s fix,s but no real steps  forward.
I have tried  parasitic suppressors from a Drake L4B , the single "U"  type
with no change.
It does have a tuned grid input unit mounted on the back, to me it seems to
 tune much too sharp?
The plate choke looks non original, issue there?

                                   thanks for ur thoughts

                              wayne k8lee