Re: [Amps] Parasitics can kill

To: Carl <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Parasitics can kill
From: Roger <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 12:52:45 -0400

Carl wrote:
> I prefer my wheels to be on the ground!

In the air and on top<:-))
It's a rather common method of shaping to core material for smaller
aircraft and even prototyping.
> Ive used a homemade hot knife with a Variac to cut foam at work to space
> microwave antenna panels in prototyping. At home Ive replicated several V-8
> engines when building hot rods and doing engine swaps in other vehicles.
>
> Industrial hard foam works the best altho a bit pricey.

The most common is good old fashioned Styrofoam (TM), the blue
building/construction insulation. It can be purchased in large blocks in
addition to the 1" or 2" insulation sheets. Cut to shape, rough sand,
and then cover with fiberglass and epoxy resin.  This approach doesn't
work well with Vinyl Ester Resin as the resin dissolves the Styrofoam.
<:-)) Does it fast too. It just seems to disappear.

73

Roger (K8RI)