Re: [Amps] Alpha sold to RF Concepts

To: "Dino Darling" <dino@kx6d.com>, "Dennis OConnor" <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha sold to RF Concepts
From: "fainsbert" <cmfainsbert@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 21:25:06 -0400
Dino:

I normally don't respond to comments made on this list, but this one crossed
the line!

There are three elements of cost:

Direct Materials Costs [variable]
Direct Labor Costs [variable]
Overhead Costs [both fixed and variable]

Once those three elements of costs are exceeded by incoming sales, you have
a profit.

Dennis was simply commenting on the initial estimated overhead costs; and
$200,000 for five people is not excessive. It is not easy to revitalize a
business.

This has nothing to do with being "un-American". It has to do with having
enough capital to sustain the new operation during this period of
revitalization. Cash flow is all important!

I suggest you discuss amplifiers and not the financing of a business.

Chuck Fainsbert
KC2NB