[Amps] Blower Restrictor QU?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Blower Restrictor QU?
From: Paul Gerhardt <phgerhardt@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 14:31:28 -0400
Today I removed the 'retrictor plate' on the blower inlet on the Raytrack
DX2000L that I am getting ready to put back in service.

Over the 20 years that I have owned (but hardly used) the amp I have
resolderd filament sleaves on the tubes several times.  I talked to the
designer and he said that the plate was not original so why would someone
make this mod?  After removing it I could tell there was a slight increase
in air flow (using my hand only).

Link to 'Webshots' pix of plate on and off, go to the link then hit
'Forward' to see 4 pix of this plate.

Think I will just leave it off for a while and see how it runs.

Any thoughts on this possibly negative mod?

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2234661180078879011pSOrlo

73,
Paul K3PG

--