Re: [Amps] tank calculations - need input

To: ka1mwp <ka1mwp@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] tank calculations - need input
From: jeff millar <jeff@wa1hco.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 17:34:05 -0400
When I play with this design, it appears that 5 uH for the inductor at
3.8M is just too low.
Rp 1000
Cstrays 20 p
Ctune 410 pF
L 5 uH
Cload 1660 pF
Those values seem to agree with what you described.

Raising the Inductance to 7 uH
Ctune 267 pF
Cload 990 pF

Which seems more like a typical 75M tank.

None of this varies very much with Rp. The tune cap and tank inductor
mostly define the resonant frequency, the load cap defines the match
between antenna and Rp.

I'm using a graphical smith chart program for this analysis...much
easier than any of the other things I've tried. You don't even need to
understand smith charts, just move the component values around until the
line hits center of the chart.

jeff, wa1hco