Re: [Amps] Henry 3K up and running!

To: "'Donald Fox'" <taurusshoguy@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Henry 3K up and running!
From: "Dave Harmon" <k6xyz@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 18:15:07 -0500
That?s great Don.....that's a great amp.
I bought a 3K-A new from Henry in Los Angeles in early 78' and everything
was fine till 80' when the power supply went to ground.
I went over to the factory to inquire about a replacement......they said it
was out of warrantee.
I asked who was the original mfgr and was told that their transformers were
made in the LA area somewhere in or near Orange County and that in his (the
tech I was speaking with) opinion, this transformer mfgr wasn?t very good
and Henry was using them only because of the cost of the parts.....ie cheap.
The mfgr had an Indian name....not American Indian.
So....I bought the choke from Dahl and installed it.
Haven?t seen it since.

Regards

Dave Harmon
K6XYZ[at]sbcglobal[dot]net