Re: [Amps] Eimac tube on the 'bay

To: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@bigpond.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Eimac tube on the 'bay
From: "Dr. David Kirkby" <david.kirkby@onetel.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 22:47:53 +0000
Alek Petkovic wrote:
> Yes we have 60A per phase capacity at our club premises. Mains power
> is not a problem.
>
> Other than that, it is as you say. The power people don't like to run
> 3 phase into residential properties. The easiest way to get it is if
> you run a groundwater bore. You need 3 phase to run the pump.
>
> 73, Alek.

I can't say for the USA, but I have it in my house. The reason it was installed
was the load of 27 'economy 7' storage heaters. The heaters were distributed
around the 3 phases. If you said you intended putting in storage heaters, they
might insist  you have 3 phases.

I've got 3 phases, each fused at 80 A.

Dave