Re: [Amps] Stripline design

To: 'AMPS' <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Stripline design
From: "Dr. David Kirkby" <david.kirkby@onetel.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 00:37:50 +0000
Carl wrote:
> Or find someone with Microwave Office and plug in the numbers at let it do
> the math. Ive used that program for everything from VHF to millimeter wave
> before retiring.
>
> Having AutoCad to assist with the dimensional stuff is a big plus.
>
> Carl
> KM1H

I think the original poster wanted an understanding of stripline design -
something you do not get by plugging in dimensions into expensive closed-source
'black-box' software.

The theory of transmission lines can be found in many books.

The theory behind the finite difference code I wrote, which can compute Zo for
odd shaped lines

http://atlc.sourceforge.net/

can be found in an article I wrote for QEX. A PDF can be found at
http://atlc.sourceforge.net/qex-december-1996/atlc.pdf

The basic C source code is reproduced in full - about 100 lines of it! The
version on Sourceforge is of course a lot larger than that in the QEX article.

Dave