[Amps] Help With Command Technologies HF2500

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Help With Command Technologies HF2500
From: w3kl@w3kl.com
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 13:18:42 -0800 (PST)
I have a Command Technologies HF2500 with QSK circuit.

Earlier today when I fired it up on 160m, it behaved normally for a few
minutes, but then I noticed that the grid current meter was pegging and the
output (on CW) was zero.  No plate current but plate voltage is fine.

At first, I thought I might have blown the 3CX800A7s, but after removing the
tubes and checking for shorts, I find none.

I suspect that the biasing circuit has failed.  Before I furthe tear down the
system, does anyone have any insight into this probkem?  Perhaps some of you
have seen this problem with an HF2500 in the past and can steer me in the right
direction.

Thanks for reading - I appreciate any help anyone can provide.

73, Jeff
W3KL

Jeffrey K. Okamitsu, PhD, MBA
+1-609-638-5402