Re: [Amps] OM power power supply design

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] OM power power supply design
From: Larry Benko <xxw0qe@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 16:05:20 -0700
Alek,

Two power supplies, each with their own diodes and capacitors do NOT
change anything regarding voltage breakdown in the 2 transformers when
the outputs ar put in series.  Think of the circuit like this: During
part of the AC cycle certain diodes will be conducting.  Redraw the
circuit with the conducting diodes as shorts and the non-conducting
diodes as opens and then look at the circuit.  Unfortunately the high
side transformer is still stressed more than the low side one.  It would
be nice if this wasn't the case but then again there usually is no such
thing as a "free lunch". :)

73,
Larry, W0QE