Re: [Amps] Hot stick

To: "Donald Fox" <taurusshoguy@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Hot stick
From: "Jim Carr" <n7fcf@hctc.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 16:57:05 -0800
We always made our own 50 years ago. Get a long nylon rod from tme harware
store. Attach a heavy wire hook to one end like #12 or 10 house wire solder
a length of braid to it and put an aligator clip on the other. Some guys
hooked them in permanently and clipped the rod to the under side of the lid
in the plug in coil days. Nothing is more exciting than 2500 volts on the
coil you are about to unplug.
Jim
N7FCF