Re: [Amps] Alternative cooling strategies for SB-220?

To: <donroden@hiwaay.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alternative cooling strategies for SB-220?
From: Dave White <mausoptik@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 17:11:42 +0000
I'll second that as a good idea. Also you may wish to mount the blower on
rubber bushes to stop the vibrations from using the amp chassis as a soundbox
and putting sound-deadening lagging in short pieces of plastic drainpipe around
the air entry and exit vents.

Or build something with a water cooled tube.  Or even a vapour phase cooled
tube as per the 'Stanley Steamer' in the old Eimac bulletin.  The latter using
the latent heat of evaporation is the most effective cooling method of the lot

Cheers
Dave G0OIL