[Amps] water conductivity and hose length

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] water conductivity and hose length
From: Dennis OConnor <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 07:25:48 -0800 (PST)
On the 100kw amps I used to maintain, with 15kv DC on the plate,  we used 35
feet of 1" dia. non carbon (red) rubber hose...  30 gallon stainless steel
cooling tank and pump with a freon cooling loop... Initially distilled water
was used but the bean counters got restless because the row of a dozen fire
breathing dragons was thirsty, and we switched to city water and used an
activated carbon filter followed by a 5 micron particulate filter when filling
the tank and then re-filtering it weekly...

denny / k8do