[Amps] AL-811H Problem

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] AL-811H Problem
From: "VO1HP" <fdavis@nfld.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 10:57:13 -0330
Amp has failed.  I see about 50ma of plate current with no keying and also the
GRID current meter is deflected hard to left.  When this first occurred I had
not noticed  the meters and keyed rig and saw very high SWR between rig and amp.

When I removed the 4x811A tubes one of the plate caps separated from the tube
and was very difficult to remove from the ceramic plate connector.  If one tube
was inoperative I don't think this would cause the meters to behave as noted.
No other visible sign of failure. Two of the tubes have black ring around the
inside on the glass.

The notes on W8JI web page talk about RLY1 being "welded" .... not sure I
understand the meaning of this.

Any though on what my problem might be.?

Many thanks for reading this.

73 Frank VO1HP