[Amps] Henry console value

To: "Donald Fox" <taurusshoguy@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Henry console value
From: "Fern" <crc@cyberlink.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 17:27:27 -0700
       Well said Don. I have two Henry amps with the 3K Classic xport mark
II series uses the 3CX1200A7 that cover 80 to 10 meters and last year(since
I was lacking the 160 meter band on the 3K Classic) I picked up a 3K
Premiere Xport version with the 3CX1200D7 tube and covers 160 to 10 meters.
I don't have any problems with either of them and would buy one of them
without hesitation. Some of the early 2K series had some issues but I'm not
aware of similar situation with the 3K series. One of the big going for
these amps is that they are instant on with no wait time for transmit. I
have two other amps an alpha 86 with 3CX800A7's which has 3 minute warm up
time as well as a Viewstar PT-3000A with 8877 which also has warm up time of
3 minutes. However, I still think that the 2K series in good condition are
worth a heck of a lot more than the $400 to $600 mark especially when the
going price for the Heathkit SB-220 is at the high end of these. Look at the
exhorbitant prices that some are paying for those dentron amps with the
obsolete 8875 tubes.
     73 and Best of the New Years to all on the reflector from Fern   VE7GZ