Re: [Amps] 813's on 160.

To: Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 813's on 160.
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2010 17:41:07 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 14:37:32 -0800, jerome schatten <romers@shaw.ca> wrote:

>Finally, I'll need to add more inductance to the pi. The inductor that's
>in there now is a nice big mother roller inductor (square copper wire
>wound on a ceramic form - about 16uh., horizontally mounted).

REPLY:

You can probably get by with the 16 uH that's in there now if you add more
capacitance to the tune and load caps. You would have somewhat more Q than is
optimum but on 1.8 MHz losses will be minimal anyway.

If you don't have a pi-network calculator spreadsheet, let me know off the
reflector and I will email you one. A few minutes with it will tell you all you
need to know. You do need to have Excel or the equivalent in order to run the
spreadsheet.

Or if you want, just send me the plate voltage and current you are aiming for
and I will do the calculations for you. It only takes a minute.

73, Bill W6WRT