Re: [Amps] L section of Pi-L filter

To: Karl-Arne Markström <sm0aom@telia.com>, "Ulf Tjerneld" <star@frizon.org>, <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] L section of Pi-L filter
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 15:12:39 -0500
Alpha and others have been using toroids for 4 decades in L networks at
1500-2500W with no problems.

The material used is a 2 Mix powdered iron from Micrometals with the cores
appearing to be a stacked pair of T-225A's.

Preparation is important and they are each wrapped with HV tape such as
Scotch 27, stacked and wrapped again. Wire is Teflon insulated and mounting
is with nylon or fiberglass hardware.

Carl
KM1H