[Amps] External QSK

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] External QSK
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@ka1j.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 12:03:53 -0500
Hi,

I'd like to add QSK to my AL-1500. My rig is a K3.

The Ameritron QSK-5 uses PIN diodes which would be perfectly silent
but I don't use a tuner anymore as my antennae are cut close enough
that the amp has no problem but the pin diodes in the QSK-5 won't
handle anything but kid gloves SWR.

Array solutions sells the QSK master but it's too pricey at this
moment and I understand they are no longer using the vacuum relays in
it.

Anyone know of a good schematic I can get ahold of to make an
outboard QSK unit using Vac relays?

I do have an old Johnson tube T/R but can't see how that would be of
help.

Thanks!

Gary
KA1J