[Amps] Henry 2KD input SWR

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Henry 2KD input SWR
From: Donald Fox <taurusshoguy@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 19:09:43 -0800 (PST)
Not sure why posts have been either slow or not appearing at all today.

As one lister suggested, I substituted another coax jumper of a different
length to rule out any issues there. No change.

Also removed bottom access panel, and swapped input 1365pc relay with the
output relay. No change.

During this process, I did note that a few of the input circuit coils seem to
be loose on their forms due to the glue aging and not holding their form
properly.
I am considering replacing the pair of .01 disk caps that couple rf from the
input relay to the cathodes.

Puzzling that all five bands input swr of 1.7 or higher. Makes me think the
problem is a common issue to all bands.  Possibly a cap somewhere along the
chain that has gotten leaky.

                                                        Don