[Amps] Drake L-7 Not sure of hookup

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Drake L-7 Not sure of hookup
From: "Bob AD5VJ" <ad5vj@ad5vj.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 08:36:58 -0600
In searching for information I came across this post abt hooking an FT-757GX
to an amp:
http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?t=230310&page=1

I am getting an FT-757GXII in a few days along with the FC-757AT and
FP-757HD. As part of my research on the equipment usage I am reading this
post and am confused why the FRB-757 Relay Box is needed.

I have been reading the manuals for all of the above and for my Drake L-7
amp.

It appears to me in the 757gxii page 14 of the manual that "The FT-757GXII
includes a high voltage (150V) transistor switch capable of handling up to
1.5 amperes DC, to control transmit/receive switching of a linear amplifier
via pin 6 of the BAND DATA jack."

>From what I can tell, unless the amp being used is looking for neg DC or AC
the FRB-757 Relay Box is not needed.

 Please clarify for me the proper hookup for my Drake L-7.
 If I have missed something in my studies I want to know now before it is
too late.

Tnx es 73 to one and all,
BOB AD5V

73