Re: [Amps] Ferrite sources

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Ferrite sources
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 12:59:20 -0800
On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 17:33:33 -0700, John Lyles wrote:

>Another very reputable source for 'soft' ferrite toroids is
>Ferroxcube. They used to be Philips from Eindoven.

YES! Ferroxcube has a very broad product line and publishes
lots of good data. They ARE a good alternative to Fair-Rite.

Thanks for alerting us to this distribution network and their
published data. I was unaware of their presence in the US and
their new engineering catalog.

To use Ferroxcube products in HF applications, you'll need to
either get parts to measure as I did with Fair-Rite, or try
to predict performance of their parts based on our data and
comparing their technical data to that of Fair-Rite. The good
news is that both companies publish a lot of data. On the
other hand, I'm still looking through the 1097 page catalog,
but so far, I haven't found direct equivalents to the most
useful Fair-Rite products.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC