[Amps] Tuning amplifiers

To: amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Tuning amplifiers
From: Ron Youvan <ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 19:59:46 +0000
Anyone:

   I am confused by some of the things I am reading here about tuning,
but I have long heard triodes and tetrodes are tuned differently,
I have never figured out why or what, could someone enlighten us and I
assume pentodes are tuned like tetrodes, right?
(I have been tuning tube amplifiers for over 40 years now, normally
with a swept test signal, frequently with -20 dB of drive.)
--
    Ron  KA4INM - He who attacks the fundamentals of the American broadcasting
industry