Re: [Amps] Fw: Good amp to buy /amp notes

To: "'Amps reflector'" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Fw: Good amp to buy /amp notes
From: Rob Stampfli <rob@cboh.org>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 01:54:33 -0500
On Mon, Feb 01, 2010 at 12:50:25AM -0500, Roger wrote:
> I'll admit I've not seen them all but I've never seen a transmitter
> where I couldn't vary the output.

Take a look at the Kenwood TS-430S, a rig that was marketed as late as
the mid-1980s:  It has a carrier control, allowing the power level to
be controlled for CW ops and partially for AM, but the only voice level
control is the mic gain.  FM is also fixed at about 40W.

(There were published after-market mods that add a power level control
to the 430.)

YMMV,
Rob / KD8WK