Re: [Amps] HB amps - what you can build with no tools

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] HB amps - what you can build with no tools
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@ka1j.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 01:15:17 -0500
I was visiting a friend in MA who was doing some repair work to his
house which was built by shakers over 200 years ago. There was a part
of the inner wall removed showing the infrastructure. He pointed out
the detail the craftsmen had done to the innermost parts of the
woodwork where no one would ever see them. He explained that to them,
that to leave even the inner parts of the construction as less than
perfect would be to disrespect the higher power and with that, every
piece of wood behind the inner wall was smoothed as if it were sanded
with fine grit paper. It was quite beautiful to see.

Bet they would have made some beautiful radio gear.

Gary
KA1J