Re: [Amps] HV relay

To: <jimw7ry@gmail.com>, amps fourm <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] HV relay
From: MIKE DURKIN <patriot121@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 06:26:23 -0800
Well Jim,

Im changing my 2@3-500Z amp to a single GS-35B and in the spec's for the tube
it states that the warm-up time is Aprox~ 2 minute. So instead of using  a
power SCR in the mains to switch on the HV bank( and probably darn slow to
disengage if a fault occurs) I would like to use a Vac relay - probably close
to the Plate choke since i have room in that compartment and a delay circuit is
darn easy to DIY.

Mike
KC7NOA

Think ill look you up on QRZ ... just wondering how close you are ... Didnt you
used to own the 146.88 repeater over in spokane about 10years ago?? Mabey im
thinking of some one else.