Re: [Amps] Vac Relays for B+

To: "'Carl'" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>, "'Jim Garland'" <4cx250b@muohio.edu>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Vac Relays for B+
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 13:22:50 -0500

I agree with Carl. A fuse in the high voltage, whether it be a resistor or a
regular fuse will sustain an arc when it opens and can let more energy thru
than you want.

The glitch resistor can not be just any old resistor either. It has to
withstand the full high voltage potential of the power supply. When there is
a short, full high voltage appears across the glitch resistor. Sometimes
more than one vitreous enamel resistors are put in series to get the voltage
rating needed.

73
Gary  K4FMX