[Amps] Henry 2KD-5 HV Drop

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Henry 2KD-5 HV Drop
From: "Roland AH6RR" <Toesonnose@hawaii.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 10:38:51 -1000
I have a Henry 2KD-5 that when I turn it on the voltage is 3100V but then it
drops to 2750V in about 1/2 minute. It seems to work fine as I get 1300+ Watts
out. I did replace the HV filter caps and Bleeder/equalizing resistors the new
caps are 150uf that I got from Henry the old ones were 180uf. Any other reason
for the voltage drop?
 Oh I did order a new blower from Ameritron as their price was the best I could
find for the EBMPapst blower they have it in stock for $82.95 and everyone else
wanted $140+  and you had to buy at least 6 with a 16 week waiting period. I
did remove the old blower disassembled and cleaned it up some and reinstalled
it. It I not as loud as it was but still has way too much noise for my taste. I
was at a friends Shack and he has a AL-82 with the Papst blower and you can
barely hear it.

73

Roland AH6RR