[Amps] Ameritron AL-1500

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Ameritron AL-1500
From: Shon Edwards <sre.1966@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 14:51:44 -0700
I'm a bit new to HF and am looking at getting an Ameritron AL-1500 amp for
some high power.  I am also going to get the Hy-Gain AV-18HT to help me
punch out that power.  I'm really interested in doing some DX work.  Does
anyone have any advice on someone getting a high-power amp for the first
time?  I want to get a lower-priced amp, but high power.  I'm kind of a
"Panasonic" guy.  I like to buy something that is a work horse and that is
pretty decent quality, but isn't the top of the line (Usually you're not
paying for much extra at the high end of things - a lot of money usually
doesn't go a long way after a point).  I'm going to usually be doing SSB 160
- 6 M.  Not sure how much speech processing I will be doing.  What would be
recommended?  Is there any more info on my situation I should be giving to
help get advice in my decision?  Thanks for any help.

Best regards de KO3U, Shon, sre.1966@gmail.com

--
Shon R. Edwards,
Amateur:  KO3U