Re: [Amps] Chinese SK-410 socket available

To: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>,"amps fourm" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Chinese SK-410 socket available
From: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 06:00:35 +0800
Whoa, that guy is making big money!

I buy them in from China at US$3.50 each complete with clips.
I buy the metal version for US$4.50 each but funny enough they don't
come with clips.

I also buy the flat ceramic version for US$2.50 each and US$3.50 each
for Gold plated pins.

I sell them locally for a very small mark up because nothing like
that is available here.

Unfortunately, I have not yet been able to source the glass chimneys.

I am happy to sell them for a mark up of a couple of dollars each or
if someone wants quantity, I can put them in touch with the supplier
with whom I have been dealing for 5 years. My wife and I have also
visited there 2 years ago. I buy 572B, 811A, 6146B and audio tubes
from the same place.

73, Alek.
VK6APK

http://www.qrz.com/db/vk6apk