Re: [Amps] 100 Ohm 2W

To: "Steve Thompson" <g8gsq@f2s.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 100 Ohm 2W
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 20:46:15 -0500
As long as they arent a problem at 10M from inductance. Not all MOX are
created equal.

Going back to the discusssions of the 90's I prefer 5W MOX with a couple of
caps to cancel the XL.
A gentleman from Ameritron wound up using that concept...............

Carl
KM1H

For the few pennies they cost, it's worth thinking about getting
3W metal oxide resistors. They withstand overload and high
operating temperatures much better than carbon. To be fair to
Rich, that's one thing he did get right.

Steve