[Amps] Off topic posts

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Off topic posts
From: George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 08:46:27 -0700
Hello,

Since I have seen some posts and also had a few complaints
I feel I need to remind everyone.

Please refrain from making posts that are off topic for this list.

This list is for talking about amateur radio amplifiers.

While I am the 'list-owner' I do not read every post.  I do usually
scan the subject lines at least once a day and I have seen a number of
things that look off topic recently.  I do not want to run this list
in a heavy handed manner nor do I want to set this list up so that I
have to approve every post.  I think in general this list has been
running farily well in that respect.

Before you make a post think about it.

 - Is it on topic?
 - I is more than a 'me too' post?
 - Does it add information to the thread?
 - Do I really want to send this to 1200 other people who want to
   read about amateur radio amplifiers?

And I would also like to state - if you feel that you need to put 'OT'
or 'Off Topic' in the subject line or in the message then you should
NOT make the post.  If you, as the poster, think it is off topic then
why would you post such a message to the list?  Think about it.

One more thing - this post I am making right now is off topic.
Plese DO NOT respond to it by posting to the list. If you feel
I am wrong or if I am right feel free to send me a direct response.

Now, back to talking about amps.

Thanks

--
George Fremin III - K5TR