Re: [Amps] Utilization of old TV transformer

To: "Vic K2VCO" <vic@rakefet.com>, "Amps reflector" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Utilization of old TV transformer
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 16:20:27 -0400
You might be pushing the insulation rating by more than a hair in either
configuration, especially at the unused CT depending on how it is run
internally. A hi-pot will tell you all the specifics.

This sounds like an ideal xfmr for a FWB and a couple of 4D22 or 4D32's at
an easy 250W out; they run just fine with 750V and just a tad of air.

Carl
KM1H