Re: [Amps] ripple in B+ supply.

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] ripple in B+ supply.
From: Ian White GM3SEK <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 14:23:11 +0000
Jim Thomson wrote:
>##  where psud falls  down.. is with dynamic loads. I wish they could
>simulate that.  The original psud  was  for audiophile and stereo amp
>fellows.  I see the latest version will allow  a cap up to 1 farad.

PSU Designer will simulate a constant-current load which can step to a
different value after a specified period of time. This allows you to
simulate two levels of current draw and the worst-case step response
between them. The two currents are usually either off-load followed by
zero-signal anode current, or ZSAC followed by full key-down.

--

73 from Ian GM3SEK
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek