[Amps] Semtech SA1388?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Semtech SA1388?
From: Mike <k4gmh@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 16:19:29 -0400
Does anyone know what a Semtech "Slimpac" SA1388 rectifier is good for?
Seems too big for a small signal diode, yet may not be big enough for power
supply use.  The case is ~2" long and 0.300" wide and has a schematic diode
showing the anode/cathode ends.  Also, the number "6824" is printed on the
case following the diode schematic.  Don't have a high pot tester to find
out the breakdown voltage.

Came across six of the diodes in my "junk box" while looking for another
component.  Curiosity got the best of me.  Didn't find anything through a
"Google" search.  So, hopefully, someone on the Reflector has some info. on
whether the SA1388 could be useful or just taking up space in the junk box.

  Mike, K4GMH