[Amps] Powering up 3K

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Powering up 3K
From: Donald Fox <taurusshoguy@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 19:07:56 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Randy:

Since you have the higher line model with the oil cap and step start, if it
were me I would fire it up and let it idle for 12 or so with no attempt to
apply RF.

I have both a 2K Classic and a 3K Classic that will go 2-3 months without being
touched, and then fired up and down the road they go.

If you wanted to go the extra mile, you could remove the anode connector and
warm things up without HV applied.

Just don't forget to shut her down, make sure things are discharged, and
reconnect things before applying RF.

                                           Don