Re: [Amps] First Power in 25 years question

To: "'Dave Cole'" <dave@nk7z.net>, "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] First Power in 25 years question
From: "Randall, Randy" <Randy.Randall@healthall.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 11:08:46 -0400
I have an old Eico ‎950‎ RC bridge that I have used to reform caps.
It has a built in current limited 0-500 volt source.  I have used this with
good success.  I no longer use it to test caps for leakage since I now have a
Sprague TO-6A cap analyzer, but I still find it very handy for reforming.
These used to be cheap and plentiful @ hamfests.  Many are buying them just to
rob the eye tubes.  Go here for a schematic and description:

http://www.nostalgiaair.org/References/Manuals/EIC/EIC_18.zip

&

http://www.nostalgiaair.org/References/Manuals/EIC/EIC_13.zip

Randy AB9GO

"In theory, theory and practice are the same thing.  In practice they're not."