Re: [Amps] Transformer 50/60hz

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Transformer 50/60hz
From: vk3pa@vk3pa.com
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 17:45:17 -0500
Quoting Carl <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>:
60hz t/former has less iron in the core causing saturation . on some
of the yaesu t/f for 60hz when run on 50hz they burn out after a
couple of years.. its ok to run 50hz t/f on 60 but not the other
way.in aircraft they use 400hz es less iron still.. even running low
power on the amp the priamy is still satueating on the t/former
causing heating "not very good"..