Re: [Amps] How to clean tube fins

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] How to clean tube fins
From: "RDavis \(WD8JJA\)" <wd8jja@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 12:24:41 -0400
Don't put the transformer in the washer.
You will be watching on EBay for a replacement.

Rick, WD8JJA.

Message: 6
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 11:15:10 +0100
From: Dave White <mausoptik@btinternet.com>
To: Ryan Foster <foster.ryan@gmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>

I bought an old Heath SB220 from a silent key sale in Liverpool many years
ago.  The whole amp was orange/brown.  I marvelled at what pretty gold
anodising Heath must have used.  I also thought that the tank coils were
just dull chocolate brown because they were copper and not silver plated.
It was only when I fired the amp up and got an instant tobacco smell that it
occurred to me to clean it.  The owner must have spent many hours blowing
tobacco smoke into it.  No wonder his new QTH was Anfield Cemetary...

It didn't occur to me to use the dishwasher to clean it...though I regularly
use the dishwasher to clean cranks, pistons, cylinder heads, gearbox
internals etc....

Dave G0OIL