[Amps] Hello Everyone

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Hello Everyone
From: "Dennis Peterson" <dennisissure@comporium.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 14:00:10 -0400
I'm new to this list and would like to find out some information  regarding my
TL-922 Amplifier.

This is an excellent amp but it seems to have a mind of its own.  Whenever
operating, after switching the Linear Switch from CW to SSB or SSB to CW the
amplifier makes a popping or snapping type sound to which it sounds and appears
as though it is coming from the mode switch.

PLEASE be advised that the amp is in standby mode when this happens and there
is NO HOT SWITCHING whatsoever.

This scenario takes out either R6 and or R7 or both.

It has done this two times now.  I have since replaced R6 with a 1 ohm 5 watt
resistor and R7 with a 1/2 watt 1.5K ohm resistor.  R7 had a 3/16" long crack
in the body of the resistor and R6 was open.  The Plate Current Meter needle is
resting at 600 mA and thumping the bazel of the meters doesn't allow it to
return to ZERO.

Has anyone had this problem with their 922?  If so, what can be done to fix,
rure or resolve this from re-occuring?

I'm not sure if there is a zero adjustment screw for the meter as it doesn't
show unless I have to remove the front case cover or panel.  The scenario has
occured two times now.

Please provide me with the necessary information and diagrams or parts to
resolve this.  Thanking you in advance

K4CKDennis

Read my story below by clicking the URL:

http://www.yananow.net/Mentors/DennisD.htm

http://www.k4ckd.com

Dennis G. Peterson
326 East Jefferson Street