Re: [Amps] Calculation of Tube Impedance

To: "'Lee Buller'" <k0wa@swbell.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Calculation of Tube Impedance
From: "Phil Clements" <philc@texascellnet.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 14:57:09 -0500

> I am at a loss to figure out how to calculate the output impedance of a
tube or a pair
> of tunes.  I cannot find an old Handbook that had the information ((I
think it is still
> packed from a previous move)   I I remember right...it has something to do
with the
> operating HV potential and current.
>
> I am looking for the impedance of two GI7-B tunes in parallel as I am
getting ready
> to build such a beast on HF.  Just for the fun of it.

It matters not what the tube(s) are. The output impedance is derived from a
formula. You have to supply the anode voltage, anode current, and class of
operation, and plug them in to the formula. In the case of a tube running
AB2, (grounded grid) with an anode voltage of 4000 volts, and a current of 1
amp, the output impedance would be 2222 ohms. (E divided by the sum of 1 X
1.8) The 1.8 is the K factor for the class of operation.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC