[Amps] Kenwood TL-922 Amplifier issues...............

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Kenwood TL-922 Amplifier issues...............
From: "Dennis Peterson" <dennisissure@comporium.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 08:40:39 -0400
Recently I posted a plea for assistance on my Kenwood TL-922 amp and haven't
received anything so I will do so again here.

The amplifier has blown the meter circuit Shunt resistor R6 (1 ohm) and also
the meter sensitivity resistor of R7 (1.5K ohm).  Both resistors have been
replaced; however, the following conditions are listed below.

With no VSWR and the antenna at the Resonant point between 1800 and 1810 and
the exciter adjusted for 100 watts output, the RF position on the amplifier
shows 100 watts exciter power out.

1  HV in CW mode is 2300 volts
2  HV in SSB mode is 3350 volts
3  IG in CW mode is 150 mA with 45 watts of drive from the IC-735 and 500 Watts
output
4  IG in CW mode is 280 mA with 100 watts of drive from the IC-735 and KW+ out
5  RF position with 100 Watts of drive the needle pegs to the Right on the Left
Meter or RF out Scale.

Is it possible that R5 is also defective?  R5 is a .68 ohm resistor.

Also, I believe there is a diode in the metering circuit D2 which carries the
full current of the tubes.  Is it possible this diode has failed?   The amp
appears to be working ok with the exception of items 3 thru 5 mentioned above.

Assistance appreciated as soon as possible.  Thanks in advance

de K4CKDennis
Dennis G. Peterson
326 East Jefferson Street
Apt 2
York, SC  29745
803-389-9366

Read my story below by clicking the URL:

http://www.yananow.net/Mentors/DennisD.htm

http://www.k4ckd.com