Re: [Amps] LK550 Output

To: "Sam Carpenter" <sam@owenscommunication.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] LK550 Output
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 14:15:14 -0400
Thats about all you will get with 100W drive. Realigning the input networks
may get you a bit more.
With 150-200W drive that amp will do nasty things with a 2500W Bird slug.
The tune cap limits your voltage choices.

With the optional 800C/TNY dual voltage xfmr, and 3CPX800's you can reach
around 5KW PEP with 150W drive. I dont think Id try it with regular 800's on
the HV tap. Ive often wondered how the tank circuit would take a pair of
8877's on a new tube pedestal chassis.

Carl
KM1H

.