[Amps] ARCING

To: Ham-amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] ARCING
From: Herzog <herzog@frontiernet.net>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 21:25:31 -0400
RE: If the turning of the Load cap to the left resulted in
under-coupling and
caused the arc, I'm not sure how to proceed, because output was very low
with the Load cap set at 5.

Comments, ideas, advice?

73, Bill NZ5N

Last time I had arcs due to the tube circuit having a parasitic feedback
resonance.  62 MHz in a 2 to 30 MHz amp.  frequency set by tube's plate
cap resonating with inductance of the plate tuning cap. the stuff got
back to the input.  The arcs happened at many points in the output
circuit.  I found the freq by putting HUGE resistors in series with
plate, and screen supplies, so stayed on long enough for scope to show,
   K2LB