[Amps] Salt water dummy loads

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Salt water dummy loads
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 07:40:52 -0700
http://www.qsl.net/k5lxp/projects/SaltLoad/SaltLoad.html

Has anybody actually tried these things ??      He show flat swr on 10m.

I'm thinking if a bigger version  is feasible.. like 10-20-30 gals.   And maybe
using
cu strap or cu tubing for the probes.  With the amount of salt involved, I would
not expect any algae, nor freezing problems.    The boiling point might also be
raised
a little, don't have a clue by how much though.   >1 gal.... glass is not
feasible for the most
part, but all sorts of plastic, and polycarbonate containers are available,
that will easily
handle 100+  deg C

later... Jim  VE7RF