[Amps] Henry Classic series blowers

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Henry Classic series blowers
From: Donald Fox <taurusshoguy@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 23:04:52 -0700 (PDT)
I submit this information hoping to help someone down the line who needs to
repair or replace the blower in their Henry Classic series console.

I have found that earlier Classic consoles except the base 2K used the Dayton
2C915 blower which is a 230 volt unit.

It appears that the 2C915 is no longer made.  I found that the seized blower in
my current 3002A console is a Dayton 3M725.

I found a replacement motor assembly under the 3M725 number through Grainger
for a whopping $47 out the door. This was actually the preferred method of
replacement as I am guessing that Henry added the airflow switch in house.

By installing a new motor on the existing housing, I avoided having to move the
switch to a new unit. From what I can tell, it looks like the 3M725 motor
"could" work for the older 2C915 also, but I have not physically tried it.

                                        YMMV                  Don     N8ECH