Re: [Amps] Command HF-2500 meter lamps wattizit?

To: <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Command HF-2500 meter lamps wattizit?
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 20:15:17 -0400
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
To: <amps@contesting.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 8:44 PM

Whoever approved that layout should be castrated!
The QST review claims not only is it easily servicable but then says the PS
board is in the pressurized tube compartment....to keep it cool.

Maybe thats why they used undersized equalizing resistors whose cool leads
browned up the PC board rather nice. I wonder how much air flow there is in
a dead end side section of that chassis? The blower is at the far end
blowing across the opening and right at thet tubes. And to add to the insult
the caps are Nichicons without even a temperature rating. No wonder the HV
was down  400V and it wasnt just the three 1meg 2W carbons across almost
2700V.

Now I know why the customer dropped it off and said "take your time".

Carl
KM1H