Re: [Amps] More parasitic choke questions

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] More parasitic choke questions
From: Steve Thompson <g8gsq@f2s.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 07:35:45 +0100
> It does seem though as
> if the preferred carbon composition resistors are no longer easily found.

What is preferred about carbon comp? Given the heat and the need
for long term stability in value they're the least suitable
component you could choose.

Some years ago I measured some different suppressors(results in a
posting on 30 Aug 06), subsequently I swapped the carbon comp
resistors for MOX on a couple of them, and couldn't measure the
difference. Whenever I measure 2 or 3W MOX resistors in the 20-100
ohms range, the inductance is in the regions of 2-3nH, which has
minimal impact in a suppressor. Inductance is higher in the 5W
ones I've tried.

Steve