[Amps] 833A capacitance

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 833A capacitance
From: "Fuqua, Bill L" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 13:20:41 -0400
    You see, the grid in the 833A just as any other triode should be a Faraday
shield between the plate and cathode. If you ground it you should have a lot of
capacitance from plate to the grid and a lot from cathode to grid but little
from the cathode to plate. Either the measurements were made with it floating ,
or there are other substantial electric field paths between the plate and
cathode.
    I would go and measure one now but I just got home from the hospital with a
total hip replacement and can't go up and down the stairs to the basement.

73
Bill